Haiku Friday: Lunch


People labor over dinner-- for whatever reason, it is the meal people worry over the most, and most often share with those close to them.

Breakfast wants attention, but doesn't always get it. No one really thinks it is the "most important meal of the day," and lots of people ignore it entirely.

Lunch is somewhere in the middle (in more ways than one). I have been all over the map regarding lunch in the course of my life. Right now, it is usually pretty utilitarian: I need food and so I go to a place that sells food and buy some. Then I eat it.

But, at other times in my life lunch has borne more significance. I would love to get back to that, actually. 

Let's haiku about lunch-- what you eat, who you share it with, what it means, maybe the best one of your life.

Here, I will go first:

Texas barbecue
Eaten on the back porch, hot
Gotta love Vitek's.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula and have some fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Barr Report on the Mueller Report

A Cart for America's Drunkest Golfer