Time for Baylor to act like a University

For decades, Baylor has simultaneously done two things: Explicitly discriminate against LGBT people, and effectively bar any kind of meaningful discussion of LGBT issues.

Now, it seems that may be changing. The school has approved a talk on campus by Matt Walsh, a conservative who is hostile to LGBT rights. I am not one of those who say he should be barred from speaking; I am all for the right to be heard of those I disagree with.

However, If Baylor is going to be a real grown-up University, it now must allow (and sponsor in the same way) views from the other side.

Do I have opinions about this? Oh, yes I do. Have I written about it? Yup, in the Waco paper today-- and you can read that here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Barr Report on the Mueller Report

A Cart for America's Drunkest Golfer