Haiku Friday: The basement


The most intriguing room in many houses is the one that is rarely seen: the basement. It is where secrets are hid, oddities are stored, treasures are hidden, and mysteries are buried. I took the picture here in a basement, and it has all the menace and intrigue I have found in nearly every old basement I have ever been in.

In Minneapolis, some people actually fix up their basements and use it as a regular part of the house, which seems odd to me. I would never quite trust that, since it is inevitable (in my experience) that one day water or worse will invade that space and claim it as a part of the underworld once again.

So let's haiku about basements this week: yours, someone else's, or one you have imagined. Here, I will go first:

My Y2K plan
Was a stockpile of good wine
Yes, in the basement.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula and have some fun...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Barr Report on the Mueller Report

A Cart for America's Drunkest Golfer